Welcome to the Pixie Cup family!
We know you’re going to love your new Pixie Cup Wash!
Cleaning your Pixie Cup
Every time you use your cup, it’s important to make sure it’s clean and sanitized! Properly cleaning your Pixie Cup is probably one of the most important things that you can learn in your menstrual cup journey. In this guide, we will walk you through all of our cleaning “musts,” as well as a few tips to help you keep your cup stain-free, odor-free, and sparkling clean!
Everything you need to know about cleaning your cup
Should you steam or boil your cup? How do you get rid of the menstrual cup smell? It may seem like a lot to learn, but don’t worry — we’ve got you covered!
Do you have the right cup?
With so many different cup options available, there’s no need to put up with pain or leaks! Do any of these situations sound familiar?
- I have to wear extra protection because my cup leaks.
- My cup is uncomfortable or painful.
- I experience cramping with my cup.
- My cup stem sticks out.
If you answered “no” to all of the above, great! It sounds like you’ve found your perfect cup. If not, you may need a better cup. Your cup should not be uncomfortable, stick out, or cause cramping! Take our cup quiz to find your perfect fit.
100% Happiness Guaranteed!
We stand behind our products. If for any reason you aren’t completely satisfied with your Pixie Cup, let us know and we’ll do our absolute best to fix the issue! Email us with any issues or questions at email@example.com.
Pixie Cup Wash FAQs
Can Pixie Cup Wash be used for other things (hands, face, Kegel weights, vaginal wash, etc.)?
Yes, Pixie Cup Wash is made from 100% all-natural ingredients and is safe for your body.
What are the ingredients?
- Distilled water is water that has been filtered to remove minerals. We use water in our wash to hold the ingredients together.
- Soap nuts extract is extracted from the fruit (AKA nuts) of Sapindus Trifoliatus. It is a cleansing agent that is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory.
- Cocoyl glucoside is derived from coconut sugar. It is a natural cleansing agent and surfactant (foaming ingredient).
- Honeysuckle extract is extracted from the flower Flos Lonicerae (or the Honeysuckle vine). It is a plant-based preservative.
- Khu-seng extract, or ku-shen, is from the root of Sophora Flavescens and has anti-inflammatory and anti-irritation properties.
- Amur cork tree extract is from the bark of phellodendron (amur cork tree). It conditions the skin and is anti-inflammatory.
- Menthol is found naturally in mint plants. It adds a cooling and refreshing agent to our wash.
- Sodium chloride (food-grade) is salt. It softens and boosts cleaning performance.
- Lactic acid is made from beet sugar and is a natural preservative.
- Rice bran extract is derived from the bran layer of rice. It cleanses, softens, and moisturizes skin.
- Corn extract is extracted from corn kernels and is used to purify and soothe.
- Olive oil is oil pressed from olives. It provides vitamin E and softening agents to our wash.
- Citrus is a plant-derived essential oil that smells great and adds a refreshing scent.
How do I wash my cup?
Does this replace the need to sterilize the cup?
No. We recommend you sterilize your cup before and after your cycle, and wash before insertion.
Is the wash hypoallergenic?
Yes, it is hypoallergenic.
Want 10% off your next purchase? Want to be the first to know about new products? Sign up for updates and special offers!
Join the Pixie Squad
For cup users and cup curious alike! A safe place to learn and talk about periods, menstrual cups, and menstrual health in general. Plus exclusive giveaways and chances to participate in product development!